You probably don’t give too much thought to the components of a refrigerator before it stops running, or before it is time to replace it. To guarantee you get the most from this kitchen appliance it can be useful to understand exactly how it keeps food cold—and HOF Highland Appliance Repair is here to help.
Continue reading to find out everything you should understand concerning how refrigerators run, how it cools your food and drinks and if it’s the right time to call refrigerator repair Highland.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There aren’t too many houses that do not feature a refrigerator in the kitchen. It has been a must-have appliance for many years now. A household refrigerator stores food and drinks at the optimal temperature, to eliminate spoiling and slow down bacteria. The concept of refrigeration works by transferring the warmth from the interior of the appliance to the outside, using the principles of condensation and evaporation.
The main components of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call HOF Highland Appliance Repair:
The refrigerator compressor is a combination of a pump and motor, and it’s responsible for circulation of refrigerant dispersed in the system.
A compressor is a very important part of a refrigerator. You should call on a professional company if the compressor isn’t working.
A refrigerator condenser is found on the back exterior panel of the refrigerator and will help to release the warmth collected within the refrigerator then out to the air.
A evaporator is attached in the inside of the refrigerator where absorbs the heat held within it, effectively lowering the temperature inside the refrigerator.
The moment an evaporator is not working, it is time to enlist a professional. Don’t wait too long.
Liquified coolant is transferred through a capillary tube that serves as an expansion tool as it cools the gas inside, thereby transforming it into a liquid.
A refrigerator thermostat exists to regulate the temperature throughout a refrigerator, engaging a new cooling period when necessary.
A thermostat in a refrigerator is very prone to issues. Troubleshoot and hire a repairman in Highland for repair right after a problem happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Right when the temperature in the interior of the refrigerator rises higher than the set point sensors notify the refrigerator compressor to start, and then the cool down begins. The refrigerator collects the cold liquid refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses the liquid, and increases the temperature, turning it into a gas form.
2. The compressor guides the hot gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils located on the exterior of the appliance, where it comes in contact with the lower temperature in the kitchen and returns back to a liquid state.
3. The cooled liquid continues its trip towards the refrigerator evaporator component, traveling through the many coils in the inside of the appliance and top freezer.
4. The liquid absorbs the heated air from the interior of the refrigerator, thereby lowering the temperature until it has reached the desired final point.
5. The liquid will evaporate, and will return back into a gas, and then returns to the refrigerator compressor unit in order to continue the cycle.
Refrigeration is used in quite a few applications and large appliances, this includes heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and residential freezers. By extracting heat from a single location and distributing it to elsewhere the cycle of refrigeration will help cooling a home, provides a optimal storage space for perishable food, and helps with manufacturing and storage of several different common products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator need service? Time to schedule an appointment with HOF Highland Appliance Repair.
HOF Highland Appliance Repair is able to fix all popular models of refrigerators – that includes restaurant models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our licensed service technicians in Highland are trained to repair and troubleshoot cooling issues, ice makers, condensation, puddles and leaks, lighting, digital controls, smart technology and numerous other issues. We know all there is to know about refrigerator repair! 100% satisfaction guaranteed!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2020  HOF Highland Appliance Repair